Monday, February 9, 2009



So this past week hasn't been all that productive, I'm ashamed to say. But I had one gc come in for a painting so I have to get started on that. I did manage to get a Shelby portrait done and took some photos of the "process" to post on here. It's times like that I wish that my camera was digital, but it's not.

The show schedule is starting to come together. I've been emailed about a 3 day art fest in Worcester in May, the Strawberry fest in June... there's the Somerville art beat in July. Of course Scituate in August.

A friend of a friend is doing a festival of her own... more of an urban city youth thing. I told her that I would be a part of it (its' free so what's to loose?) But I have very little detail on that. I haven't heard brack from the woman who wanted a larger portrait of her beagle done, which I'm bummed about because that would be another $375 in my pocket.

Lately, I've subscribed to a newsletter for artist and some of the articles are very inspiring, but sometimes I feel like you're listening to people talk about how well they've done and almost forget things like affording custom framing for your work. I can't afford that!! It is interesting though to get other insights that's why I joined it.

No comments: