Monday, October 24, 2011

All the kids I know are evil

Well, that's not really true. But it seems that when ever I try to do a child's portrait (which is something I'm always struggling with) the eyes will make them look.... well, evil.


Take this fine lad for example. The picture of him he is kind of looking at you like,"Wha? You talkin' to me?" After working out the proportions on the head (they're always so huge) the first thing I painted on this boy was his eyes. Right away: Yep, he's evil. It actually reminds me of those painting of people where the eyes seem to follow you where ever you go.


Second layer, purple shirt, background... but the eyes are still there!!



And here he is completed. I posted these pictures on Facebook only to have one of my friends say, "He looks like he just set a house on fire!" HA! Awesome!


Happy Halloween!




No comments: