Monday, December 21, 2009

Ho Ho Ho

Well, kids this is it! Christmas week .... Are you ready? I'm NOT! Here's where the stress really begins!! Times I feel where my work is really interfering with the rest of my life LOL.


The portraits are out, have a couple of cards to make and then I need to get cleaning my house for the big Wednesday night Christmas. This is my true Christmas time and means a lot to me. I love hosting party (mainly cause I don't have to worry about driving my butt home.) I spent the last week deckin' the halls and baking Christmas cookies. I made my own wreath which took some time, but J & I were watching "The Prisoner" (original) and that's always a good time.


How to make your own Christmas wreath


What you'll need:


Pine Boughs (When you get your Christmas tree there's usually a pile of boughs that the boys will take off some trees per customer requests. These are FREE)

Wire Coat Hanger

Scissors

Paddle or Floral Wire

Ribbon and other decorating Christmas-y things

A Glass of Wine (optional)


take the pine boughs and clip the branches to different lengths with the scissors and make a small pile

Cut the paddle wire into 1.5" long pieces and make a small pile.

Take the wire coat hanger and bend it into a circle shape.

then take the boughs and start attaching them to the hanger using the paddle wire. I find it's easier to twist tie the wire on the stem and then use that double wire to wrap around the stem for a secure hold.

Have plenty of patience. It's not going to look pretty until you get about 3 layers thick. (This is when the wine comes in handy).

When you're satisfied with the thickness take the wreath to a place where you can hang it (with the hanger part of the hanger) Decorate with ribbon and other Christmas-y things. Have paddle wire handy if you need to secure items.

Hang on door and admire your work!






MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

No comments: