Monday, August 4, 2008

Scituate Hertitage Days

Well, this past weekend marked my 6th year anniversary of being an artist for hire for your pet portraits. Crazy that it's been that long. I have certainly come a long way from propping my stuff up with bricks and my prints wrapped in saran wrap! What the hell was I thinking!?

I made some money back which was always nice :)! A good portion was the raffle for a gift certificate for a 5x7 painting. I called the winner last night to get her mailing address and it took her a minute to remember what it was all about. I think she might be an elderly woman. I do hope that she redeems it.

It rained both days, but held out to the end and because I have my EZ up tent back (thanks Dad! aka Mr. I Can Fix Anything) I was able to put up a side on the back end and the paintings didn't get wet at all. The rains only a bummer when it scares all the people away. It's the wind that destroys my things.

If you are from the Massachusetts area and want a great summer festival the Heritage Days are always on the first weekend of August. The whole weekend is celebrated with alot of different activities including music, arts, a pig roast! there's a pancake breakfast in the church down the street. Tracy and I also went out for fried clams & scallops ooooh sooo good!!!

So this week will be just to fill in the holes of inventory and to clean up my apartment. I've been very busy trying to get things together for this show (it's like my mid summer restock & clean up) that my condo has been neglected and now looks like a tornado went through it.

No comments: