Monday, March 8, 2010

Monday, March 8

Sheep 8x10 watercolor



Black and White Farm 5x7 watercolor

Well, it's official! These 2 pieces made it to the final for the New England Arts for Animals 2011 calendar. I had to repost them again because of the news and that they will be on display at the Derby Street Shoppes in Hingham MA from 3/18 to 3/31. I believe it's suite 413 where the art work is. The opening reception is there on 3/18 from 6pm to 9pm. Hopefully I will be there! It is a Thursday!

This brings me to my next issue, my own disorganization. I had to pull these pieces so that I could frame them and bring them down to Hingham next week. I found the sheep one right away in my big portfolio case. But where was BWF? So I looked in my small portfolio case, which is what I take to Kinkos, nope, not there. Now I'm concerned. Where is it? Did I have it on display somewhere and forgot? So I went through my framed pieces and nope not there either. Oh crap! Where was it???? It was in the big portfolio (the tissue it was wrapped in; the tape caused it to be stuck to another piece so) I missed it the first time. *PHEW*! But this got me thinking. I really should organize some sort of spread sheet and keep track where everything is. Otherwise I should just be giving this stuff away, right?? I did loose one piece by leaving it somewhere on a scanner- Staples, Kinko's? Who knows. But when I realized it was gone, I was sooooo pissed at myself I broke down and cried. So what are things that keep you organized?? I really got to get on the ball!

No comments: