Monday, March 22, 2010

Springtime!

Remember the Scottish Terrier from previous posts? Here he is; all done!

Well, it has been a busy week. I finally got more artwork up on the website, and one of them is my sweet Luna kitty! Her first pet portrait (aw!) Most of the new works were mixed media pieces done on that Cotman paper. Cotman is a cheaper watercolor paper. It doesn't hold the paint well, but makes up for it with the way it handles color paper on top of the watercolor. I have a ream of this Cotman paper (given to me) and I'm trying to use it up... I can't bring myself to throw anything away. I am definitely one of those persons who holds on to markers until they're completely dry. Heck, I think I still have charcoal from art school somewhere!
Aw, Sweet Luna Kitty

Did I mention that most of my work on my website is for SALE? And that most of the artworks are also available in prints and magnets? You really should stop by and take a peek at what's new! http://www.thepedigreeartist.com


Oh and look, here's me!
Standing next to my "Black n' White Farm" piece at the opening reception of the New England Arts for Animals Calendar 2011 exhibit. (I had one glass of wine by this point and looking quite flushed!). This was a great exhibit and I met a lot of people who I had been emailing for some time. So nice to put a face with a name. I also met a great watercolor artist, Frank Constantino, who is also an architectural render er. You should check out his website here: http://www.fmconstantino.com I plan to take one of his workshops this summer. You can never stop learning.
On another note, this past weekend New England had a beautiful spring weekend. J & I went to Chester and did a lot of hiking around. J found one antler shed and I found 2 birds nests from last spring. I also walked out of the woods with at least 3 tics on me. Freakin' hate those things!! I've already had 1 battle with Lyme disease and do not ever want to do that again!! We also had some turkeys in the front yard and some of the males were parading. I've only seen this done on TV nature shows, so this was a real treat! We're headed back next weekend, I have to give my body some time to rest. Feeling quite creaky this morning.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

LOVE the Luna!!!