Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Bo Revisited ... A color challenge













So Here he is again. I added more layer last night. Now, the picture I was given, Bo had a pinkish tone to him. I didn't think it was the printer, in fact, it looked more like that twilight pink hue that happens to appear on things just after the sun goes down. I love it, but I'll be damned if I could reproduce that color in the painting. I tried red & Burnt umber with blue, no. I tried violet and yellow and that's what I applied to the painting. Now sweet Bo looks like he has a case of jaundice! I'm thinking to stop! Stop what you're doing and work with pencils before you ruin the whole thing and start over. And then thinking what if a wee bit more pink...... I'll try again tonight and let you all know!

No comments: